The official start to fall is just a few days away, so it’s time to start baking everything pumpkin. This pumpkin loaf recipe is probably one of the best pumpkin recipes I have made. That’s mostly because it has a cream cheese filling that is SO delicious. Warm your oven up because it’s time to start baking!
This pumpkin loaf was recipe tested and given Roderick’s seal of approval. He’s typically pretty honest when it comes to my baking, so I promise it’s a good one. I found a few secrets to creating the perfect pumpkin loaf, so l will give you all the details below.
SECRETS TO MAKING THE PERFECT PUMPKIN CREAM CHEESE LOAF
Use a good baking spray. This may seem obvious I know, but the first time I made this recipe I thought I could get away with just greasing my loaf pan. That did not work out as planned. It turned out okay. I could have gotten away with it if my pan did not have a floral design, but my loaf pan was intricate so a good baking spray was necessary.
Add sour cream. This helps to keep your cake moist. I bake at high altitude and baked goods tend to dry out a lot quicker, so adding something to keep them moist is a must.
Add cream cheese. BECAUSE IT’S DELICIOUS.
Bake your cake in a fun Nordic Ware Loaf Pan. This just adds something extra to your cake, and will up your baking game.
HOW DO I KNOW WHEN MY PUMPKIN LOAF IS DONE?
You can typically tell when your bread is done when the edges of the loaf start to pull away from the sides of the loaf pan.
Another way to check your loaf is by inserting a tooth pick into the center, if it comes out clean then your loaf is done.
HOW SHOULD I STORE MY PUMPKIN LOAF?
You can wrap you pumpkin loaf in foil or plastic wrap. This will help keep your loaf from drying out. If you properly store your pumpkin loaf, you will be able to have it out at room temperature for a day or two without it drying out.
WHAT CAN YOU ADD TO MAKE YOU LOAF EVEN BETTER?
Cream Cheese. This recipe has a layer full of cream cheese that makes it delectable. Why does cream cheese make everything better? Think about it... Bagels and cream cheese, cream cheese frosting...Here’s a list of a few other recipes with cream cheese that I am dying to make.
CREAM CHEESE RECIPES
PUMPKIN CREAM CHEESE LOAF
Serving Size: 8
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 cup pumpkin
1/2 cup melted butter
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
2/3 cup sour cream
1/4 cup sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Using a baking spray prepare your loaf pan.
3. Combine flour, baking soda, spices and salt and set aside. I like to combine these ingredients in a large 8 cup measuring cup.
4. In a mixer, combine sugar, pumpkin, butter, eggs and milk.
5. Slowly add dry ingredients into mixture.
6. In a separate bowl, combine filling ingredients.
7. Pour half of the pumpkin batter into the loaf pan.
8. Spoon the filing mixture over the top of the first layer of pumpkin batter. Then, top with the remaining pumpkin batter.
9. Bake for 50-65 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Let loaf cool for 10-15 minutes in loaf pan before placing on a cooling rack.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Make sure to pin it if you plan on making it later.