This post is sponsored by 90+ Cellars. I received compensation, but all opinions are my own. I am so thankful for great brand partners like 90+ Cellars. Please drink responsibly. 21+ years only.
In my opinion, fall is one of the best times of year to throw a party. There's so many thing to do in the fall like baking, having a s'mores party and hosting a football party. Even if you aren't the biggest football fan, there's still plenty of fun to be had.
The Every Hostess and I collaborated on this spread, and I am a bit obsessed with the tablescape, the selection of food and of course the wine. I mean you can't go wrong when you add in a few bottles of 90+ Cellars wine to your party. Below are our tips for hosting your own fall football party, and all of the delicious recipes we paired with these wines.
TIPS FOR HOSTING A FOOTBALL WATCH PARTY
Incorporate football into your table setting. You can head over to The Every Hostess to get all of the details on the items we choose to add to the table setting.
Make sure your guests are comfortable. If you decide to set your table, like we did, let your guests know that there is a place for them, but if they would like to take their plate and move to another area (AKA the couch) they are free to do so.
Serve food that is easy to munch on. For this spread, we went with items that were easy to grab and eat. You can find all of the recipes we used below.
Pair your food with 90+ Cellars wine. For this party, we paired Air Fryer Goat Cheese Balls with90+ Cellars Chardonnay, Fully Loaded Queso with 90+ cellars Lambrusco and BBQ Chicken Sliders to go with 90+ Cellars Langhe Rosso.
BBQ CHICKEN SLIDERS
These BBQ chicken sliders are so easy to make.
12 King's Hawaiian Rolls, split
4 cups of shredded chicken
1 cup of Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce
1/4 cup red onion
1 1/2 cup of shredded cheese, you can pick whatever kind you like here
2 tbsp of cilantro for garnish
1. Set your oven to broil on low. Then, slice each of your Hawaiian roll's in half. Place the bottom half of the roll on a non-stick baking sheet.
2. In a bowl, combine shredded chicken and BBQ sauce.
3. Spread chicken evenly on each roll. Top with red onion and cheese. Broil on low until the cheese has melted and turns golden brown.
4. Add the top of each roll back on, and continue to broil on low until the tops of the sliders are perfectly golden brown.
FULLY LOADED QUESO
Beef and cheese are two of my favorite things, so I think this dip is going to be in my regular party appetizer rotation. Pair it with 90+ cellars Lambrusco, and it's even better.
8 ounces of Ground Beef
1 1/2 tbsp of taco seasoning
16 ounces of Velveeta cheese, cut into cubes
1 10 oz can of Rotel Mild Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies
1/4 cup of salsa verde
1. In a skillet, brown Ground Beef with taco seasoning over medium heat until cooked through.
2. Transfer beef to a separate plate and drain any fat.
3. Place the Ground Beef, Velveeta cheese, can of Rotel and salsa verde into your crockpot. Stir until the mixture is melted and combined. Cook on low for an hour. Then, turn to low to keep your queso hot during your party.
AIR FRYER GOAT CHEESE BALLS
This recipe is from Half Baked Harvest, who is probably one of my all time favorite food bloggers. The only thing I changed in my recipe was swapping out frying the balls in oil for the air fryer.
GOAT CHEESE BALLS
1/3 cup flour
1 pinch black pepper
1 1/2 cups Panko breadcrumbs
1 large egg, beaten
1 log (10 ounce) goat cheese
BUFFALO DIPPING SAUCE
4 tablespoons salted butter, melted
1/4 cup EVOO
1/2 cup Franks Red Hot Sauce
3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
1 pinch black pepper
1. Add the flour and a pinch of pepper to a medium bowl. Add the egg and 2 tablespoons water to a separate shallow bowl or pie plate. Add the Panko to another medium sized bowl.
2. Roll the goat cheese into 20-24 balls (about 1 tablespoon each). Roll each goat cheese ball in the flour, then dip through the egg mix, and then dredge in the Panko mix. Place each ball on the prepared baking sheet as you work. Freeze 20 minutes or until firm.
3. Meanwhile, make the buffalo sauce. Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl. If the butter firms up, warm the sauce in the microwave.
4. Place goat cheese balls in an air fryer for 10 minutes or until golden brown, and serve immediately.
Hope you enjoy! Make sure to pin this post for later.