For those of you who don't know me personally, you may not know that I have a slight obsession with avocados. When I say slight I really mean I am high key in love with them. I got married on an avocado ranch, and I had avocados illustrated on our wedding invitations, even my popsocket has avocados on it. That is why I am so excited it is almost Cinco de Mayo! The perfect time to serve you up a delicious guac recipe, as well as some delicious and refreshing cucumber lemon vodka cocktails.
This guac recipe is simple and easy to whip up. I do not add in a ton of ingredients because I choose to let the avocados shine. One item you could add to this recipe would be tomatoes.
3 ripe avocados
1 diced jalapeño, seeds removed
1/4 of a cup of diced onion (I don't like a ton, so feel free to add more if you dig onions)
1 tbsp of lime juice
1/2 tsp of salt
1/4 tsp of ground garlic
1/4 tsp of cumin
1. Mash all ingredients together with an avocado masher. Yes, I have a special avocado masher. lol If you don't have a strange obsession with avocado tools feel free to use just a regular old fork. :)
2. Serve straight away with chips or veggies. I have eaten my guac with veggies lately, and I have to say it is super tasty and a great way to get in another serving of veggies.
Cucumber Lemon Vodka
2 oz vodka
1 oz simple syrup
1 oz of lemon juice
4 oz of chilled sparkling water
ice as desired
1 thinly sliced lemon for garnish
3 slices of cucumber
*Make 1 serving multiply as needed
1. In a mixer, combine vodka, simple syrup, lemon juice and sparkling water.
2. Pour over ice in individual serving glasses. I used these adorable Libbey stemless glasses, which you can find here .
3. Garnish with cucumber and lemon.
I hope you enjoy these recipes as much as I do. Make sure to enjoy them long after Cinco de Mayo.